The Del Valle brand in Brazil is now giving consumers more nutritious options. The line of nectar juices now includes more vitamins, minerals and fiber, and less sugar.
Del Valle Néctar also contains no preservatives, colorings or artificial ingredients. The new Del Valle Néctar contains an average of 40% fruit juice and is sweetened with apple juice, reducing the total sugar content by an average of 25%.
"We dedicated two years of research and investment to make the Del Valle nectars more nutritious," said Sérgio Garcia, juice marketing director,
Juices generally lose most of the fruit fibers during production, so Del Valle decided to add fibers to its Néctar and 100% Juice options. A 200-ml cup of any of the eight Del Valle Néctar flavors (grape, peach, orange, cashew fruit, guava, mango, pineapple and passion fruit) provides 10% of the recommended daily fiber intake. Vitamins and minerals were also added based on the nutritional source of each fruit. The passion fruit flavored Del Valle Néctar, for example, is a source of phosphorus and rich in vitamins C and A. The mango flavor is a source of magnesium and rich in Vitamin C, B1 and A.
Del Valle Néctar will be available in 1-liter, 1.5-liter and 200-ml Tetra Pak containers and 335-ml aluminum cans. Nutritional information will be available on the beverage labels.
"The reformulation of Del Valle Néctar reinforces
Del Valle offers these additional beverages:
- Del Valle Kapo contains 10% juice and just 78 calories in a 200-ml serving with no added preservatives or artificial colorings. Vitamins A, B3, B6, B12, C, D and E are also added the product, which includes fruit and vegetable juices like carrot and blueberry.
- Del Valle Laranja Caseira offers the sensorial experience of nectar with natural orange pulp. A light version is naturally sweetened with stevia.
- The Del Valle Reserva line, available in Acai with Banana and Cranberry with Apple flavors, offers nectars with the nutritional benefits of "super fruits.” These beverages are part of an innovative project to develop the acai value chain in the Amazon region.
More on Journey
- Pump It, Werk It, Move It: Introducing vitaminwater active
Coca-ColaBillboards Showcase Serbia's Rich Culinary Traditions
- Food and Beverage Companies Commit to Health of Mexicans
- DASANI Wins Safe America Foundation 2017 WorldSafe Award for PlantBottle Technology
- Watch: Coke Zero Sugar Makes 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' Debut