At Keep America Beautiful (KAB), we believe it is important to educate individuals about the good things that can happen when they recycle. It’s also important to increase the opportunities and reduce the barriers for recycling by making it easier and more convenient for people to recycle. That’s why we partner with businesses, such as
Coca-Cola has been a partner of Keep America Beautiful since our beginnings, going all the way back to 1953. We’re excited to join forces with them again this spring to offer the seventh annual installment of the
The 2013 application period opens on January 28, 2013 through March 4, 2013. Eligible grant recipients – which include government agencies, colleges and universities, civic organizations, K-12 schools and nonprofit groups – are encouraged to apply.
Since 2006, the
KAB supports a variety of other recycling programs to encourage people to take action. RecycleMania – a fun and friendly competition among colleges to see which school can collect and recycle the most material – makes recycling interesting and fun! In 2012, more than 605 colleges participated and 92 million tons of recyclables and organic materials were recovered. This year’s competition kicks off on February 3rd.
Visit KAB online to learn more about our programs and partnerships.
Alec Cooley is Director of Recycling Programs at Keep America Beautiful.
More on Journey
- Not Alone: How a Combat Vet and His Wife, a Coke Employee, Are Healing Through Hip-Hop
- Shaping the Future of Agriculture in Turkey
- Coca-Cola Funds Creation of First-Generation Scholarship Program at Kennesaw State University
- Coca-Cola Pledges $500,000 Grant to American Red Cross to Support California Communities Impacted by Wildfires
- Treat Sustainability like a Hidden Treasure