It’s a plane fit for the global icon of football supremacy.
Earlier today, we got a sneak peek inside the 40-passenger McDonnell Douglas (MD) 83 aircraft that will take the FIFA World Cup Trophy on its globetrotting journey over the next nine months before the tournament kicks off in Brazil.
The plane – decorated in the vibrant colors of the host nation of the 2014 FIFA World Cup – takes off tomorrow morning on its maiden voyage from Atlanta, Ga. to San Jose, Costa Rica. There, thousands of fans will have their photo taken with the 18-carat-gold trophy and enjoy other attractions and interactive experiences.
More on Journey
- Proposed Center to Focus on Link Between Mega Sporting Events and Human Rights
- FIFA World Cup™ Trophy Tour Completes First Leg in Russia
- Ryan Newman Celebrates 40th Birthday with Coca-Cola Chug for Charity Crown
- Coca-Cola and Clemson Fans Kick Off Football Season with National Championship Commemorative Bottles
- Pump It, Werk It, Move It: Introducing vitaminwater active