ATLANTA, March 4, 2015 – The Coca-Cola Company celebrates International Women’s Day, March 8, through its 5by20 initiative to advance women’s economic empowerment around the globe. In honor of International Women’s Day here in the United States, the Company is highlighting its progress through a partnership with The Adelante Movement, presented by
Adelante (Move Forward!), founded by Nely Galán, is a grassroots movement designed to unite and empower Latinas in the U.S. economically through inspiration, motivation, training and resources on entrepreneurship. The organization is part of the Company’s 5by20 initiative that aims to empower 5 million women entrepreneurs across the Company’s value chain by 2020.
“Adelante is a valuable, pioneer partner not only on The
The work of Adelante and its members are particularly important as both the Latina population and Latina-owned businesses continue to grow.
- The U.S. Latina population is expected to increase from 16.4 percent today to 25.7 percent in 2050.
- There has been a nearly 200-percent increase in Latina-owned businesses over the past decade.
- As of 2013, 1 in 10 women-owned businesses in the U.S. are owned by Latinas, with receipts totaling $65.7 billion.
“Adelante is proud to be part of the 5by20 initiative and harness the
For more information about 5by20 and to see success stories from The Adelante Movement, visit www.5by20.com and www.TheAdelanteMovement.com. Use hashtag #5by20 on social media to share how you are celebrating International Women’s Day.
The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) is the world's largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands. Led by Coca-Cola, one of the world's most valuable and recognizable brands, our Company’s portfolio features 20 billion-dollar brands including Diet Coke, Fanta, Sprite,
About The Adelante Movement
The Adelante Movement (Move Forward!), founded by Nely Galán, is a grassroots movement that empowers Latinas financially and entrepreneurially in the U.S. It encourages Latinas to play a leading role in American society, economics and politics and become an integral part of the national conversation, in order to provide their children with the future they deserve, as active citizens of this country. The Adelante Movement: Tour is a series of national empowerment conferences, supported by a digital community, presented by The
More on Journey
- What's Happening to Diet Coke®? Oh, Nothing. And Everything.
- Company Statement on U.S. Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Coca-Cola Launches 'A Coke For Everyone' with Debut of New Ad Campaign During Big Game
Coca-ColaCompany Announces New Global Vision to Help Create a World Without Waste
- Coca-Cola Increases Support of U.S. Military Veterans and Their Families