ATLANTA, APRIL 25, 2017 – The
The transactions in North America completed since the last refranchising update on Feb. 9 represent the largest block of territory transitions to date:
- A new bottler, Heartland
Coca-ColaBottling Co., based in Kansas City, Mo., began operations in parts of Missouri, Kansas, Illinois and Nebraska, including the cities of St. Louis, Kansas City, Topeka, Kan., Wichita, Kan., and Springfield, Ill. Heartland Coca-Colaalso acquired a production facility in Lenexa, Kan. This new bottler is led by Ulysses “Junior” Bridgeman, a former NBA player and a successful business owner.
- A new bottler,
Coca-ColaSouthwest Beverages, based in Dallas, began operations in Texas and parts of New Mexico, Oklahoma and Arkansas. The bottler also acquired nine production facilities in Texas. Coca-ColaSouthwest Beverages is part of AC Bebidas, a subsidiary of Arca Continental of Monterrey, Mexico, one of the largest Coca-Colabottlers in the world. The Coca-ColaCompany currently holds an equity stake in AC Bebidas.
- Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated of Charlotte, N.C., closed on additional territory in Indiana and Ohio, including the cities of Indianapolis and Columbus, Ohio, plus production facilities in Indianapolis and Portland, Ind.
Coca-Cola, USA, closed on additional territory in Washington and northern Idaho, including the cities of Seattle and Spokane, Wash., along with a production facility in Bellevue, Wash.
- Coca-Cola Beverages Florida, based in Tampa, closed on additional territory in South Florida, including the markets of Miami, Fort Lauderdale, South Dade, West Palm Beach and Big Pine Key.
Coca-ColaBeverages Florida also acquired production facilities in Tampa and Hollywood, Fla.
Coca-Cola also announced the signing of the following definitive agreements, or DAs. A DA is the final step before closing:
- Coca-Cola Bottling Company UNITED of Birmingham, Ala., reached a definitive agreement for additional territory in Georgia, including Atlanta, Athens, Dublin, Gainesville, Jasper, Lawrenceville, Macon and Rome, along with production facilities in Marietta and College Park, Ga.
- Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated reached a definitive agreement for territory in parts of northern Ohio, including a production facility in Twinsburg, Ohio.
- Timber Country
Coca-ColaBeverages of Roseburg, Ore., reached a definitive agreement for additional territory in southern Oregon and northern California.
21st Century Beverage Partnership Model History
These agreements are part of a plan to refranchise all of The
Since the closing of the transaction involving the North American territories of
So far, the Company has reached definitive agreements or signed letters of intent to refranchise bottling territories that account for approximately 65% of total U.S. bottler-delivered distribution volume, which equates to 71% of total
More on Journey
Coca-ColaCompany Announces Timing of Second Quarter 2018 Earnings Release and Investor Conference Call
- The Coca-Cola Company Reports Continued Strong Results in Second Quarter 2018
Coca-ColaCompany Completes Acquisition of Chi Ltd. in Nigeria
Coca-ColaCompany Announces Timing of Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2018 Earnings Release
- Statement on Speculation Regarding Coca-Cola’s Interest in CBD Beverages