Today, Diet Coke, the world’s #1 selling diet soft drink is privileged to announce that leading visionary, Marc Jacobs, has been unveiled as Creative Director exclusively for 2013. The partnership will be an exciting element of the ‘Sparkling Together For 30 Years’ campaign, as the brand celebrates its milestone 30th Anniversary.
Marc Jacobs will bring his unique vision to the brand, by creating a limited edition collection of must-have bottles and cans, uniting the stylish and light-hearted personalities of both icons. Inspired by the three decades, the chic designs capture the rise of female empowerment through the ‘80s, ‘90s, ‘00s, with a whimsical twist - true to Jacobs’ signature style.
One of this generation's hottest and most influential designers,Marc Jacobs’ designs exude a youthful spirit, with provocative artistry - the perfect partner to collaborate with Diet Coke.With this exciting appointment, Diet Coke will buildon its impressive heritage of fashion collaborations.
Marc Jacobs commented, “I feel very privileged to be the new Creative Director of Diet Coke and put my stamp on the 30th Anniversary campaign. Diet Coke is an icon… and I love an icon.”
To celebrate the announcement, Diet Coke is launching a fun short film starring the designer, entitled: ‘Marc Jacobs’ Photo Booth Break’. The teaser features a very alluring shirtless Marc Jacobs, paying tribute to the legendary Diet Coke ‘Hunk’ ads from the 1990s. Jacobs brings a modern twist to this interpretation, with style and light-hearted humour.
The film takes place in a gallery, where the designer is obscured inside a photo booth, with items of clothing falling to the floor – only his trademark kilt is visible. Three girlfriends are attracted by the commotion of flashbulbs and investigate, to find out who the bare-legged man could be. The curtain is pulled open, revealing a shirtless Marc Jacobs, having his very own Diet Coke moment in the booth and invites the girls into the booth to celebrate the occasion.
The exciting Diet Coke Sparkling Together with Marc Jacobs limited edition collection will be available across North Western Europe & Nordics from March 2013.
To view the ‘Marc Jacobs Photo Booth Break’ teaser on YouTube, visit: http://CokeURL.com/DietCokeMJ
For more information on 30 Years of Diet Coke visit:
Diet Coke NWEN (North West Europe & Nordics) PR Enquires:
David Rogers, Exposure – email@example.com
Zarah Leaman, Exposure – firstname.lastname@example.org
About Diet Coke
- Diet Coke is the world’s #1 diet soft drink
- It has a global value of over $11 billion
- It is sold in 167 markets
- A total of 2.7 billion people in Europe have consumed Diet Coke since its launch in 1983
- Over 7 billion people have enjoyed 336 billion litres of Diet Coke globally over the past three decades
‘Diet Coke’is a registered trademark of The
More on Journey
- Diet Coke® Invites Fans To ‘Get A Taste’ Of The Good Life
- Diet Coke® Delights Fans Nationwide with Millions of Unique, Colorful Package Designs
- New Minute Maid Campaign Celebrates the Good in Every Family
- Taylor Swift Gets A Taste Of Her Favorite Things In New Diet Coke® Commercial
- What's Happening to Diet Coke®? Oh, Nothing. And Everything.