New Bottler to Join
Coca-Cola of Northern New England to Expand in the Northeast, Including Cities of Boston, Providence, R.I., Hartford, Conn., and Albany, N.Y.
Bottlers in Mississippi and Colorado to Expand Their Operations; Bottler in Florida to Acquire Four Production Facilities; Bottler in Chicago to Acquire Six Production Facilities
ATLANTA – April 20, 2016 – The
Bridgeman retired from the NBA in 1987 and grew his portfolio of businesses to become one of the largest restaurant franchise operators in the country. Bridgeman is in the process of divesting his restaurant holdings, which include Wendy’s and Chili’s franchises, to focus on his future business in the
Bridgeman has signed a letter of intent to acquire territory from The
The new bottling company will become just the third new, independent
Existing Bottlers to Expand
Coca-Cola of Northern New England, which has been part of the
Bedford, N.H.-based CCNNE expects to acquire territory throughout New England. The territory covers several major cities, including Boston, Providence, R.I., and Hartford, Conn. CCNNE will acquire production facilities in Needham Heights, Mass., and Hartford.
Coca-Cola also announced four other new letters of intent:
Coca-ColaBottling Works, Inc., based in Corinth, Miss., will acquire additional territory in Missouri and Arkansas.
- Coca-Cola of Durango-Farmington, based in Durango, Colo., plans to acquire territory in Gallup, N.M.
- Coca-Cola Beverages Florida, based in Tampa, Fla., will acquire production facilities in the Florida cities of Hollywood, Jacksonville, Orlando and Tampa.
- Great Lakes
Coca-ColaDistribution LLC, based in Rosemont, Ill., will acquire production facilities in Alsip, Ill., Niles, Ill., Detroit, Grand Rapids, Mich., Eagan, Minn., and Milwaukee.
These letters of intent are part of
“We continue to make great progress in refranchising, and these agreements show that our partners are strongly interested in expanding,” said J. Alexander “Sandy” Douglas Jr., President,
Definitive Agreements and Closed Deals
The Company has also reached a new, definitive agreement with Swire
The Company has also closed deals with four companies:
- Chesterman Co. of Sioux City, Iowa, has acquired territory in Iowa, Nebraska and South Dakota. Chesterman has also sold territory in Macomb, Ill., to the
Coca-ColaRefreshments unit of The Coca-ColaCompany.
- Clark Beverage Group Inc. of Starkville, Miss., has acquired territory in Greenwood and Jackson, Miss.
- Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated of Charlotte, N.C., has acquired three distribution centers in Maryland, the District of Columbia and Virginia.
- Coca-Cola Bottling Company UNITED of Birmingham, Ala., has acquired territory in New Orleans and New Iberia, La., along with a production facility in New Orleans.
Formation of New Information Technology Services Company
The Company also announced today that six bottlers have formed an information technology services company called CONA Services. Its service platform, called Coke One North America, or CONA, provides a common set of processes, data standards, manufacturing and customer solutions for the
Reinhard Meister, who has 20 years of experience in the bottling system, has been named CEO of CONA Services. The board of directors includes representatives from the six owners of the company:
21st Century Beverage Partnership Model History
Since that deal closed, The
So far, the Company has reached definitive agreements or signed letters of intent to refranchise territories that account for approximately 50% of bottler-delivered distribution volume in the United States.
The new transactions announced today are subject to The
The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) is the world's largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands and more than 3,800 beverage choices. Led by
More on Journey
Coca-ColaCompany Announces Timing of Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2018 Earnings Release
- Coca-Cola Reports Continued Momentum in Second Quarter; Updates Full Year Guidance
- Coca-Cola Reports Solid Operating Results in First Quarter
Coca-ColaCompany Announces Timing of Second Quarter 2018 Earnings Release and Investor Conference Call
Coca-ColaCompany to Acquire Costa