Report Presents Progress and Data on Key Sustainability Priorities in Shareable, Easy-to-Understand Format
ATLANTA, Aug. 25, 2017 – The
“We challenged ourselves to think differently about how we illustrate and share the impact of our efforts,” said Bea Perez, Chief Public Affairs, Communications and Sustainability Officer, The
“The infographics are a portal to a larger universe of sustainability information on our website,
This year, for the first time, the report also highlights points of intersection among
“For us, sustainability is our charge to grow the business in a way that leaves the world better than we found it,” Quincey wrote in the letter. “That fundamental idea runs through everything we do, and our actions must be measured through that lens.”
Highlights from the report include:
- Water Stewardship – In 2016, with the help of many partners, the company continued to safely return to communities and nature an amount of water equivalent to what is used in finished beverages, amounting to an estimated and approximate 221.7 billion liters per year of water replenished.
- Giving Back – In 2016, the company’s donations, when combined with the
Coca-ColaFoundation’s charitable grants, equaled $106 million, which is equivalent to 1.2 percent of the company’s operating income.
- Women’s Economic Empowerment – The company’s 5by20 initiative has reached more than 1.7 million women across 64 countries since it launched in 2010.
For those interested in regular updates about the company’s continued progress, subscribe to The Circular, a new sustainability newsletter about
More on Journey
- A Message from John Murphy about Coca-Cola's Business in the Philippines
- Coca-Cola Announces Key Leadership Changes, Including Election of New President and Chief Operating Officer and Succession Plan for the Chief Financial Officer
- Coca-Cola Reports Strong Operating Results for Third Quarter 2018
Coca-ColaCompany to Present at Bernstein Strategic Decisions Conference
Coca-ColaCompany Reports Continued Strong Results in Second Quarter 2018