ATLANTA, May 24, 2016 – The
“Today’s announcement outlines important changes to our international operating structure that better support our evolving bottler footprint and demonstrate the deep bench of management experience we are fortunate to have in the
President and Chief Operating Officer James Quincey added: “As we continue to implement our five strategic actions for growth, it is critical that our organizational structure enables the speed, agility and inspirational leadership that are necessary to win today and in the future. The changes we are announcing today streamline our international structure, and reflect strong talent succession and a commitment to developing the next generation of leaders at our company.”
International operating structure and leadership changes, effective Aug. 1 (unless otherwise noted), include:
Europe, Middle East and Africa Group
The company will form a Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) Group, consisting of the business units that currently make up the Europe and the Eurasia and Africa Groups.
In Europe, the Central and Southern Europe and Russia, Ukraine and Belarus business units will be combined into a new business unit – Central and Eastern Europe – to better support the bottling footprint in that region.
In Africa, two business units will be reconfigured to more closely align operations with bottling operations on the continent, with the formation of a new Southern and East Africa business unit and a West Africa business unit.
Smith’s leadership team will include:
- Dan Sayre, who will continue as President, Western Europe;
- Nikos Koumettis, who will expand his existing role to become President, Central and Eastern Europe;
- Kelvin Balogun, currently President Central, East and West Africa (CEWA), who will become President, Southern and East Africa;
- Zoran Vucinic, currently President, Russia, Ukraine and Belarus, who will become President, Middle East and North Africa;
- Galya Molinas, who will continue in her role as President, Turkey, Caucasus and Central Asia; and
- Peter Njonjo, currently General Manager of the East Africa Franchise in CEWA, who will become president of the new West Africa Business Unit.
As the new EMEA Group is created, Nathan Kalumbu, currently President, Eurasia and Africa Group, will focus on key initiatives across the Africa business, including the Africa bottler consolidation, as well as serve on a number of boards, until he retires from the company effective Dec. 31, 2016.
Latin America Group
Rivera’s leadership team will include:
- Francisco Crespo, who will continue as President, Mexico;
- Henrique Braun, currently President, Greater China and Korea, who will become President, Brazil, effective Sept. 1;
- Therese Gearhart, currently President, Southern Africa, who will succeed Rivera as President, Latin Center;
- Joao Marcelo Ramires, currently Vice President – Franchise Operations, Brazil, who will become President, South Latin; and
- Xiemar Zarazua, currently President, Brazil, who will become Vice President, Strategic Ventures for Latin America, effective Sept. 1.
Asia Pacific Group
Murphy’s leadership team will include:
- Curt Ferguson, currently President, Middle East and North Africa, who will become President, Greater China and Korea effective Sept. 1;
- Iain McLaughlin, who will continue as President, ASEAN;
- Tim Brett, who will continue as President, Japan;
- Roberto Mercade; who will continue as President, South Pacific; and
- Venkatesh Kini, who will continue as President, India and Southwest Asia.
Atul Singh, currently President of the Asia Pacific Group, will transition to the role of Chairman, Asia Pacific Group. Singh will continue to focus on managing a number of key stakeholders, government relations, key merger and acquisition initiatives, as well as continuing to serve on a number of boards, until March 2017 when he will retire from the company.
More information on each of the leaders appointed today is available here.
The company’s Bottling Investments and North America groups are not impacted by today’s announcements.
More on Journey
Statement from The
Coca-ColaCompany on Our Approach to Research and Funding
Coca-ColaSystem Supports Cyclone Idai Disaster Relief Efforts in Mozambique, Zimbabwe and Malawi
Coca-ColaCompany Announces Timing of First Quarter 2019 Earnings Release
- Coca-Cola Reports Continued Momentum in Second Quarter; Updates Full Year Guidance
Coca-ColaCompany to Participate in Barclays Global Consumer Staples Conference