Fourth quarter reported EPS was $0.28 and comparable EPS was $0.38
Announced accelerated refranchising plans in North America and non-binding letter of intent to refranchise Company-owned bottling operations in China
- Full-year reported net revenue declined 4% while organic revenue grew 4%. Reported net revenue and organic revenue declined 8% and 1%, respectively, in the quarter, primarily due to the impact of six fewer days in our reporting calendar.
- Global volume grew 3% in the quarter and 2% for the full year.
- Global price/mix grew 2% in the quarter and the full year, reflecting strong execution against our strategic initiatives.
- Gained global value share in nonalcoholic ready-to-drink beverages in both the quarter and full year.
- Remain committed to the previously announced $3 billion productivity initiative, even with the impact of accelerated refranchising plans.
- Expect full-year 2016 comparable currency neutral EPS growth of 4% to 6% including the impact of 3 to 4 points of structural headwind, primarily due to refranchising, on comparable currency neutral income before taxes.
ATLANTA, Feb. 9, 2016 – The
"Today, building on our top-line momentum and the success of refranchising efforts to date in North America, we have announced that we are accelerating the pace and scale of our system transformation with plans to refranchise 100% of Company-owned North American bottling territories by the end of 2017, including all of the cold-fill production facilities. We are also announcing that we have entered into a non-binding letter of intent to refranchise our bottling operations in China to our existing partners China Foods Limited, part of COFCO Limited, and Swire Beverage Holdings Limited, building on other recent global refranchising initiatives in Europe and Africa.
"This acceleration of our global refranchising marks a step change in our efforts to refocus The
"Looking forward to 2016, we remain committed to achieving underlying performance in line with our long-term growth model and delivering long-term, sustainable value to our system and shareowners."
- All references to growth rate percentages and share compare the results of the period to those of the prior year comparable period.
- The Company reports its financial results in accordance with accounting principles generally accepted in the United States (GAAP). However, management believes that certain nonGAAP financial measures provide users with additional meaningful financial information that should be considered when assessing the Company’s ongoing performance. Management also uses these non-GAAP financial measures in making financial, operating and planning decisions and in evaluating the Company's performance. Non-GAAP financial measures should be viewed in addition to, and not as an alternative for, the Company's reported results prepared in accordance with GAAP. The Company’s non-GAAP financial information does not represent a comprehensive basis of accounting.
- "Comparable currency neutral income before taxes" is a non-GAAP financial measure that excludes or otherwise adjusts for items impacting comparability and the impact of changes in foreign currency exchange rates. For details on these adjustments, refer to the Reconciliation of GAAP and Non-GAAP Financial Measures schedule.
- "Comparable currency neutral income before taxes (structurally adjusted)" is a non-GAAP financial measure that excludes or otherwise adjusts for items impacting comparability, the impact of changes in foreign currency exchange rates and the impact of structural items. For details on these adjustments, refer to the Reconciliation of GAAP and Non-GAAP Financial Measures schedule.
- "Concentrate sales" represents the amount of concentrates, syrups, beverage bases and powders sold by, or used in finished beverages sold by, the Company to its bottling partners or other customers.
- "Concentrate sales/reported volume" represents the percent change in net revenues attributable to the increase (decrease) in concentrate sales volume for our geographic operating segments (expressed in equivalent unit cases) after considering the impact of structural changes. For our Bottling Investments operating segment, this represents the percent change in net revenues attributable to the increase (decrease) in unit case volume after considering the impact of structural changes. Our Bottling Investments operating segment reflects unit case volume growth for consolidated bottlers only, which is computed on a reported basis.
- "Organic revenue" is a non-GAAP financial measure that excludes or otherwise adjusts for the impact of changes in foreign currency exchange rates and acquisitions and divestitures, as applicable. For details on these adjustments, refer to the Reconciliation of GAAP and Non-GAAP Financial Measures schedule.
- "Sparkling beverages" means NARTD beverages with carbonation, including carbonated energy drinks and waters.
- "Still beverages" means nonalcoholic beverages without carbonation, including noncarbonated waters, flavored waters and enhanced waters, juices and juice drinks, teas, coffees, sports drinks, dairy and noncarbonated energy drinks.
- All references to volume and volume percentage changes indicate unit case volume, unless otherwise noted. All volume percentage changes are computed based on average daily sales, unless otherwise noted. "Unit case" means a unit of measurement equal to 24 eight ounce servings of finished beverage. "Unit case volume" means the number of unit cases (or unit case equivalents) of Company beverages directly or indirectly sold by the Company and its bottling partners to customers.
- First quarter 2015 financial results were impacted by six additional days, while fourth quarter financial results were impacted by six fewer days. Unit case volume results for the quarters are not impacted by the variance in days due to the average daily sales computation referenced above.
More on Journey
Coca-ColaCompany Closes Transaction in the Philippines
- As Inclusive as Our Brands: Coke Again Earns Perfect Rating in HRC's Corporate Equality Index
Board of Directors of The
Coca-ColaCompany Announces 57th Consecutive Annual Dividend Increase
- Our Coca-Cola Palestinian Business
- Coca-Cola Climbs to No. 4 on Fortune Magazine’s Most Admired Companies List