- Reported net revenue declined 5% and organic revenue grew 3%
- Global price/mix of 3% reflecting positive pricing and packaging initiatives across key markets
- Reported EPS was $0.33 and comparable EPS was $0.51
- Global volume grew 3%
- Year-to-date cash from operations increased 5% to $8.4 billion, despite significant foreign currency headwinds
- Expect full-year comparable currency neutral EPS growth of 5%, in line with the range laid out at the beginning of the year
ATLANTA, Oct. 21, 2015 – The
- All references to growth rate percentages and share compare the results of the period to those of the prior year comparable period.
- "Comparable currency neutral income before taxes" is a non-GAAP financial measure that excludes or otherwise adjusts for items impacting comparability and the impact of changes in foreign currency exchange rates. For details on these adjustments, refer to the Reconciliation of GAAP and Non-GAAP Financial Measures schedule.
- "Comparable currency neutral income before taxes (structurally adjusted)" is a non-GAAP financial measure that excludes or otherwise adjusts for items impacting comparability, the impact of changes in foreign currency exchange rates and the impact of structural items. For details on these adjustments, refer to the Reconciliation of GAAP and Non-GAAP Financial Measures schedule.
- "Concentrate sales" represents the amount of concentrates, syrups, beverage bases and powders sold by, or used in finished beverages sold by, the Company to its bottling partners or other customers.
- "Concentrate sales/reported volume" represents the percent change in net revenues attributable to the increase (decrease) in concentrate sales volume for our geographic operating segments (expressed in equivalent unit cases) after considering the impact of structural changes. For our Bottling Investments operating segment, this represents the percent change in net revenues attributable to the increase (decrease) in unit case volume after considering the impact of structural changes. Our Bottling Investments operating segment data reflects unit case volume growth for consolidated bottlers only and is computed on a reported basis.
- "Organic revenue" is a non-GAAP financial measure that excludes or otherwise adjusts for the impact of changes in foreign currency exchange rates and acquisitions and divestitures, as applicable. For details on these adjustments, refer to the Reconciliation of GAAP and Non-GAAP Financial Measures schedule.
- "Sparkling beverages" means NARTD beverages with carbonation, including carbonated energy drinks and waters.
- "Still beverages" means nonalcoholic beverages without carbonation, including noncarbonated waters, flavored waters and enhanced waters, juices and juice drinks, teas, coffees, sports drinks and noncarbonated energy drinks.
- All references to volume and volume percentage changes indicate unit case volume, unless otherwise noted. All volume percentage changes are computed based on average daily sales, unless otherwise noted. "Unit case" means a unit of measurement equal to 24 eight ounce servings of finished beverage. "Unit case volume" means the number of unit cases (or unit case equivalents) of Company beverages directly or indirectly sold by the Company and its bottling partners to customers.
- First quarter 2015 financial results were impacted by six additional days, and fourth quarter 2015 financial results will be impacted by six fewer days. Unit case volume results for the quarters are not impacted by the variance in selling days due to the average daily sales computation referenced above.
- The Company reports its financial results in accordance with accounting principles generally accepted in the United States (GAAP). However, management believes that certain non- GAAP financial measures provide users with additional meaningful financial information that should be considered when assessing the Company’s ongoing performance. Management also uses these non-GAAP financial measures in making financial, operating and planning decisions and in evaluating the Company's performance. Non-GAAP financial measures should be viewed in addition to, and not as an alternative for, the Company's reported results prepared in accordance with GAAP. The Company’s non-GAAP financial information does not represent a comprehensive basis of accounting.
More on Journey
Coca-ColaCompany Reports Solid Operating Results in Third Quarter 2017
Coca-ColaCompany Recommends Shareholders Reject Mini-Tender Offer by TRC Capital Corp.
Coca-ColaCompany Announces Timing of Second Quarter 2018 Earnings Release and Investor Conference Call
Coca-ColaCompany Completes Refranchising of Company-Owned Bottling Operations in the United States
- Coca-Cola Increases Support of U.S. Military Veterans and Their Families