ATLANTA - Whether you kick a soccer ball on the field or take a walk through the park, physical activity is fundamental for a healthy lifestyle. Through new grants from The
More than $710,000 will go towards programs that range from after-school nutrition curriculum to city-wide dance fitness education to outdoor education programs for children with serious illnesses.
One grant recipient, the U.S. Soccer Federation Foundation, will fund its Soccer for Success program in underserved neighborhoods in Seattle, Los Angeles, Houston, Chicago, Detroit, New York and Miami. Through physical activity, nutrition education, mentorship and family engagement Soccer for Success provides each participant with the tools to be healthy and productive.
With its third quarter grants, the philanthropic arm of The
"Regular physical activity and nutrition education have benefits beyond helping with energy balance," said Lori George Billingsley, Vice President, Community Relations,
Other organizations receiving grants to support active living programs include:
- Association of C5 Youth Programs, Atlanta, GA , $50,000
- Camp Korey, Carnation, WA, $50,000
- The Center for Closing the Health Gap, Cincinnati, OH, $50,000
- The Center for Puppetry Arts, Inc., Atlanta, GA, $50,000
- Center Helping Obesity In Children End Successfully, Inc., Kennesaw, GA, $25,000
- Marcus Jewish Community Center of Atlanta, Inc., Dunwoody, GA, $50,000
- Moving In The Spirit, Atlanta, GA, $15,000
- Street Soccer USA, Inc., New York, NY, $45,000
- Third Street Community Center, San Jose, CA , $25,000
Additional grants are focused on programs that build environmental sustainability in local communities, with $308,000 supporting water stewardship programs; $325,000 supporting recycling and $50,000 supporting an environmental project.
The remaining grants are aimed at benefitting education and community initiatives -- $25,000 will go towards a community involvement program and $1.06 million will support education and scholarship programs.
More on Journey
Coca-ColaCompany Announces New Global Vision to Help Create a World Without Waste
- Coca-Cola Launches 'A Coke For Everyone' with Debut of New Ad Campaign During Big Game
Coca-ColaCompany Reports Strong Operating Results for Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2017; Achieves or Exceeds the Company's Full Year Guidance
- Company Statement on U.S. Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
Coca-ColaCompany Recommends Shareholders Reject Mini-Tender Offer by TRC Capital Corp.