In the U.S. alone, nearly 50 million gamers consume eSports as players, viewers or attendees at live events. But how and why does
Coca-Cola dipped its toes in the gaming world in 2012 under the leadership of Coke’s head of global gaming, Matt Wolf. In just three years, Coke has made quite the name for itself in the space partnering with Riot Games, creator of Leagues of Legends (LoL) game and Twitch, hosting LoL World Championship watch parties at U.S. Cinemark locations and most recently launching a new on-line series with IGN called ESPORTS WEEKLY. Given that gaming is the fastest growing form of entertainment on the planet, Wolf and team are constantly looking to add value when and where
On December 16, Coke eSports will do just that at the second annual Game-a-Thon. Six well-known gaming competitors (Voyboy, Trump, TheJustinFlynn, Giantwaffle, ProfessorBroman and Laced_Up_Lauren) will compete live in San Francisco in friendly battle to raise money for the charity of their choice. The games played are to be determined.
Find out more about all of Coke’s gaming activations and partnerships with Matt Wolf this Thursday!
Meet Our Guest:
Matt Wolf, @mwolf
As Global Head of Gaming for The
Wolf taps over two decades of videogame industry experience to lead the company into all forms of gaming including eSports, mobile, social and console. Additional partnerships he works with in his role at
Guidelines and How to Join the Conversation:
- Sign in to your Twitter account by 12:00 p.m. ET on Thursday December 10th.
- Follow @CocaColaCo
- Search the hashtag #CokeEsportsChat to follow along the conversation
- Don’t forget to include the hashtag #CokeEsportsChat in your tweets.
- Tweet your questions! (with hashtag included)
- Please be sure to stay on topic. We will answer questions around Coke’s role in the gaming community and current and future gaming activations.
- We will share a recap blog on here after the chat to try to answer any questions that do not get answered within the hour long live chat.
Share your questions ahead of time in the comments below, and then join us in the conversation at 12pm ET, Thursday, Dec. 10. See you then!