One of my favorite items in the World of
Coca-Cola is the workers jacket that has a Coca-Cola logo sewn onto the front. We used this artifact as one of the cornerstones of the Logo case in the Milestones of Refreshment gallery. We were recently scanning and cataloging our pamphlet collection and I ran across this flyer offering "Lettered Allovers and Coats."
The flyer is from 1924 and was put out by the Marcus Loeb Co. from Atlanta, Ga. I had always thought the jacket we have on display would have been used as a uniform related to bottling. This flyer offers quite a few other uses including baseball games, parks, fairs and outdoor amusement areas. I wish I could still get one for the $ 24.00 listed on the brochure!
More on Journey
- Stranger Things Have Happened: Inside New Coke’s Limited-Edition Comeback
- Coke Bottles to Sport College and Pro Football Logos This Fall
- Coca-Cola Christmas Truck Makes First-Ever Stop on the Arctic Circle to Meet Santa and His Reindeer
- Coca-Cola Toasts 60 Years of Dreamland Bar-B-Que
- Coca-Cola and Disney Designed These Galactic Bottles for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge