One of my favorite items in the World of
Coca-Cola is the workers jacket that has a Coca-Cola logo sewn onto the front. We used this artifact as one of the cornerstones of the Logo case in the Milestones of Refreshment gallery. We were recently scanning and cataloging our pamphlet collection and I ran across this flyer offering "Lettered Allovers and Coats."
The flyer is from 1924 and was put out by the Marcus Loeb Co. from Atlanta, Ga. I had always thought the jacket we have on display would have been used as a uniform related to bottling. This flyer offers quite a few other uses including baseball games, parks, fairs and outdoor amusement areas. I wish I could still get one for the $ 24.00 listed on the brochure!
More on Journey
- Markus Sebastiano Creates Artwork Commemorating Coca-Cola Northern New England’s 40th Anniversary
- Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation President Mark Davis Reflects on 30 Years of Changing Lives
- Specialty Sodas With a Local Twist: Coke Leans Into Handcrafted Heritage With New Flavors
- A Handwritten Letter from a Chinese Coke Fan
- ‘A Coke For Everyone’: Brand Celebrates the ‘Wonder of Us’ in Inclusive Big Game Ad