With the Fourth of July just around the corner, families are making their holiday menus and stocking up on picnic supplies. Growing up, our family's menu was the traditional fare of grilled hamburgers, baked beans, corn-on-the-cob, potato salad, and the best homemade ice cream west of the Mississippi. Near dusk, the neighborhood put on a brilliant all-American fireworks show (with a few Roman candle wars in between!).
Speaking of American style, you can't celebrate our independence without a little red, white, and blue. Whether it's through fashion, memorabilia or food, nothing is off limits when it comes to the good ol' US of A. So, if you are looking for a few ways to include red, white, and blue into your menus, check out a few fabulous food bloggers’ recipes that will get you in the American spirit!
Happy Fourth of July!
2. Two Peas and Their Pod: Blueberry, Strawberry Jicama Salsa
3. Eclectic Recipes: Red Velvet Pancakes with Coconut Syrup & Blueberries
5. The Gunny Sack: Firework Cupcakes
6. The Little Kitchen: Red White & Blue Popsicles
8. Just a Taste: July 4th Dessert Pinwheel Icebox Cookies
9. Climbing Grier Mountain: Baked Doughnuts with Red, White, & Blue Marshmallow Frosting
Lauren is one of our food bloggers for The Opener, an exclusive, invite-only contributor network that will bring the best food, culture, and innovation writing to the pages of Coca-Cola Journey.
More on Journey
- Coca-Cola Toasts 60 Years of Dreamland Bar-B-Que
- Americans Spill the Beans About What Makes Them Feel Good in Summertime McCafé Survey
Coca-Colaand Chef Zane Holmquist Cook Up Taste of the Olympic Winter Games
- 'Gold Meets Golden' Menu: Dishes and Medals from Chef Cat Cora
Watch: JetBlue and
Coca-ColaOpen Pop-Up Airport Restaurant to Connect Travelers Over Food