The next time you smile as you grab your favorite drink, the vending machine might just respond in kind – especially if you recycle the package after.
Using cutting-edge facial recognition technologies and a voice interactive system, the VenCycling machine makes purchasing and recycling a variety of
“We envision a system that allows vending machines to also collect used packaging,” explains Dr. Shell Huang, vice president, R&D,
Innovations like the VenCycling machine support The
“VenCycling is an innovation for the company to achieve our global vision for sustainable packaging," said Jiantao Zhang vice president,
Dr. Peiyuan Guo, co-founder and general manager of SynTao – a consultancy group specializing in green finance – says one way to encourage sustainable development is to reframe plastics as a manufacturing resource with a life, post-bottle, as recycled plastics can transform into other consumer goods.
"With VenCycling," he concludes, "Coca-Cola China has taken a great step by introducing packaging into the value chain of circular economy.”
More on Journey
- Marketing Responsibly in the United States
- Odwalla's Latest Innovation? A Zero-Sugar, Keto-Friendly Smoothie
- smartwater Announces New Partnership with Basketball All-Star Ben Simmons
- Coca-Cola Freestyle Crowdsources Creative Drink Mixes, Rewards Fan With $10,000 Grand Prize
- First Coke-Branded Energy Drink to Launch in the U.S. in 2020