Planes, trains and automobiles: that’s how I was able to meet artist Kate Brinkworth.
Last month, I was working in the London
First the flght from Atlanta to London, then a train ride to just outside her town, and finally a quick cab ride to her doorstep. And it was well worth it!
After we spoke, Kate tied on her apron and demonstrated how she starts by drawing the contour Coke bottle. It was fascinating to see how detailed the process is and how Kate thinks through each step. She told me how surprised she was when she found out that the
As I headed back to London on the train, I thought about the pieces of Kate’s art we have in the archives, and it made me love them even more after seeing the detail and thoughtfulness she put into each painting. I can’t wait to see what she does next.
Justine Fletcher is processing archivist at The
More on Journey
- Coca-Cola Shows Why the Holidays Are a Time to Give and Give Back
- Coca-Cola’s Francisco Crespo: ‘Growth is in Our Hands’
- Coca-Cola Freestyle 9100 Nabs Three Awards Ahead of National Rollout
- Coca-Cola Set to Make Santas of Us All
- A Refreshing Reward: The Story Behind This History-making 1943 Photo Featuring Tuskegee Airman Charles B. Hall