Asa Candler made one of the coolest bets in history. Plopping $2,300 on
Today the beverage empire sports a market cap of $182 billion.
When Candler began purchasing control of
By 1891, Candler had full control of the
When he sold the company in 1919, it was worth $25 million, or $342 million in today's money.
The enterprise he built eventually had a stock surge in the 1988-98 decade of almost 2,000%.
More on Journey
- Grading Our Progress Toward a World Without Waste
- New KOlab Collaboration Center Immerses Retailers and Restauranteurs in Coke’s Beverage and Digital Innovations
- Coca-Cola Christmas Truck Makes First-Ever Stop on the Arctic Circle to Meet Santa and His Reindeer
- Coca-Cola Chairman Muhtar Kent Honored by Food Marketing Institute
- Coca-Cola Freestyle 9100 Nabs Three Awards Ahead of National Rollout