The British online magazine for contemporary culture in Russia and Eastern Europe, The Calvert Journal, launched a special guide to the 11 host cities for the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
Beyond the Game featured contributions from more than 10 journalists, photographers, designers, cameramen, editors and musicians, with support from
Here are the video stories and tourist guides, which have been seen by almost 1 million people, to date:
Enjoy freshly made kebabs outside the Pushkin fun fair and local specalities, like thick pancakes, in Saransk. From speed walking to paganism, Saransk has it all. Explore the contrasts and ludicrousness of provincial Russia.
Take some time to immerse yourself in a different side of Russia. Explore the art, music and culture of Nizhny Novogrod. Enjoy a tour of one of Russia's prettiest cities featuring the picturesque streets and cultural hotspots of the Nizhny Novgorod.
Russian and Tatar culture mix in Kazan. Find city explorations, exciting cuisine and vibrant nightlife amid a diverse culture and historical landscape.
Explore historic museums, markets, and seasides in Kaliningrad, the only port in the Baltics that never freezes. #BeyondTheGame
Selection and editing of materials was carried out by The Calvert Journal team in London. The creative vision of the project was on Eco Ashun, a British curator, writer and journalist, creative director of the Calvert 22 Foundation. Support of the project was on the
More on Journey
- POWERADE Levels the Playing Field for Female Athletes in Partnership with U.S. Soccer Foundation
- Beyond the Mic: Sprite Spotlights Tomorrow’s Hip-Hop Tastemakers With ‘Thirst for Yours’ Campaign
- Diet Coke Takes on Complex Topic of Labels By Taking Off its Own
- Report: U.S. Sales of Nonalcoholic Beverages Grew Nearly $5 Billion in 2018
- Coca-Cola Reclaims Title as Most Effective Brand Marketer in Effie Index