Only one side of one of the many halls at drinktec
In addition to internal connections and collaboration, I spent a good part of the week walking through the drinktec exhibition halls. It took the full 5 days to see everything, from new technologies to produce and process beverages, to filling and packaging technology, to energy systems (and more). Several of our key partners and suppliers were also there and had exhibitions. The opportunity for connections was unbelievable! Coming out of drinktec we’ve collaborated and developed the following list of some of the biggest insights and takeaways from the event this year and are working to share this with associates that could not attend as well as the Company’s Operating Committee:
- In-line Digital printing on PET packaging – we saw examples of UV inks that dry immediately, fast application and high definition, and with the ability to create single, unique bottles
- Aseptic lines with preform sterilization – this is a major advancement when it comes to safe sterilization with minimum use of plastic material
- Sustainable solutions that (almost fully) eliminate secondary packaging (cans and PET)
- Many hybrid dispensing solutions, such as interactive dispensers, which allow for maximum flexibility and more consumer interaction
A group shot of Carletta with several colleagues from Quality, Safety and Environment.
For more information about drinktec, please visit www.drinktec.com.
Carletta Ooton is Vice President of Technical Operations at The
More on Journey
- View our 2016 Sustainability Report
- Download our 2016 Sustainability Report (PDF)
- Subscribe to The Circular sustainability newsletter
- Video: 2016 Sustainability Highlights
‘I’m Not Just Looking Back… I’m Looking Ahead’: New
Coca-ColaArchivist Justine Fletcher Says Company’s Rich History Informs Its Future