Recycling will become more convenient this fall when 5,300 recycling bins are awarded to communities and colleges across the nation through The
Organizations interested in receiving recycling bins must apply by Oct. 7, 2016 at bingrant.org.
Since 2007, more than 45,000 recycling bins have been placed in 868 communities nationwide through The
“Research has shown that convenience is a key factor in getting people to recycle,” said Brenda Pulley, senior vice president, recycling, Keep America Beautiful. “With
Grant recipients will be selected by Keep America Beautiful based on potential to collect the most cans and bottles as well other considerations such as the extent of their need, recycling experience, and their ability to sustain the program in the future. To leverage the program to further expand recycling in public spaces, preference will be given to applicants that agree to make a matching purchase of additional recycling bins beyond those awarded through the grant. Grant recipients will be announced by Keep America Beautiful in November 2016.
A full list of the spring 2015
More on Journey
- Coke Scholars Rebuild Houston Homes After Hurricane Harvey
- Coca-Cola Opens LEED-Certified Plant in Yunnan, China
- Coca-Cola Co. USA Goes Even More Local, Focuses on Community Action in Next Wave of Company Communications Effort
- Muhtar Kent Named International Executive of the Year
- Coca-Cola’s Military Share-A-Coke® Cans Available Exclusively at Dollar General