Dreamland was founded in 1958 when John “Big Daddy” Bishop built the original location in Tuscaloosa’s Jerusalem Heights neighborhood. Dreamland now has 10 locations spread across Alabama, Georgia and Florida.
Coca-Cola supported the August celebration with donated beverages, Share a Coke mini cans with the Dreamland logo, raffle items and more.
For Dreamland CEO Betsy McAtee, the celebration served as both a testament to Bishop’s legacy and a way to thank the city it has served for six decades.
“Tuscaloosa obviously has a special place in our hearts,” she said. “It’s been 60 years since Mr. Bishop opened our original location in Jerusalem Heights, and for 60 years the people of Tuscaloosa have shown us nothing but love and support. This celebration is just a way to give a little something back to a community that has given us so much.”
More on Journey
- View our 2016 Sustainability Report
- Download our 2016 Sustainability Report (PDF)
- Subscribe to The Circular sustainability newsletter
- Video: 2016 Sustainability Highlights
- Wheels of Happiness: Coke’s Enzo Piscopo Creates Foundation to Help People With Mobility Disabilities in the Underdeveloped World