Coca-Cola Zero was originally launched in Great Britain in 2006 to great fan fare. Through the traditional marketing channels expected from the world’s largest beverage company,
Demand for Coke Zero started strong yet awareness of its nutritional content was surprisingly low. Research showed half of people surveyed didn’t realize the drink didn’t contain sugar. Ultimately, consumers weren’t clued in to the details about their new beverage of choice.
Perfectly Served Samples
Through a July brand marketing launch, complete with with television, radio, outdoor, digital and public transit promotions, more than 1,500
With a goal of educating 4.5 million UK consumers, the
- Sight: Receiving the beverage from someone with a smile, in a branded setting
- Touch: Drinking the beverage stored at the optimal 3 degree Celsius
- Sound: Hearing the popping of the tab and fizzing of the bubbles
- Smell: Acknowledging the distinct
Coca-Colaaroma after the bottle was opened
- Taste: Enjoying the same great taste as
Coca-Cola, but with zero sugar
After interacting with the brand ambassadors, samplers were encouraged to recycle their cans and contribute to
The most effective in-person brand experiences are amplified through online activations, with consumers sharing what’s happening on their social networks. The Coke Zero Sugar sampling tour included a mobile set up, which made its debut at the 10-day British Summertime Festival and offered fans an opportunity to create personalized animated images for social sharing.
The Value of the Venture
More on Journey
- Our Way Forward: How We're Keeping People at the Heart of Our Business
- Coke’s Way Forward: New Business Strategy to Focus on Choice, Convenience… and the Consumer
Coca-Colais Providing Even Greater Product and Ingredient Transparency
- The Varsity at 90: Coke’s North Avenue Neighbor Marks a Milestone
- Where Does ZICO® Coconut Water Come From?