Coke and the Grey Dhaka agency recently installed “Happiness Machine” arcade-style games in six youth hotspots throughout Dhaka, a city of 15 million people. Instead of taking coins, the machines accept empty plastic bottles through a customized slot and reward the user with a Coke-themed video game.
Over a period of six days, the activation collected thousands of bottles, which will be converted into pellets for reuse in other products. The program will continue in the coming months to increase awareness.
More on Journey
- Coke Invites Fans Into the Tiny Worlds of 14 Brands Through Mobile Content Platform
- DASANI Boosts Sustainability Credentials With Launch of Recyclable, Reusable and Package-less Innovations
- Trash to Treasure: How Coke Scholar Samuel Alemayehu is Revolutionizing his Hometown with Africa’s First Waste-to-Energy Facility
- Beyond the Mic: Sprite Spotlights Tomorrow’s Hip-Hop Tastemakers With ‘Thirst for Yours’ Campaign
- Innovation Gurus Unbottle DASANI’s Sustainable Packaging Breakthroughs