Do you remember our holiday commercials with light-up trucks delivering Coke (and Santa, too)?
Well, it’s time again for the Holiday Caravan, which may be visiting your town. The real trucks that have toured in the U.S. and around the world are based on magical trucks from one of our commercials.
In November 1995, we launched a new ad that quickly became a holiday tradition. “Christmas Caravan” showed magical
Created by ad agency W.B. Doner, “Christmas Caravan” featured the special effects of the renowned company Industrial Light and Magic, who had worked on the “Star Wars” movies, “Raiders of the Lost Ark” and “Forrest Gump.”
In the commercial, three 18-wheel “props” were crafted into an endless caravan of Coke trucks, passing through hillsides, valleys and towns. Each truck was a 40-foot, 2-ton “light brite” on wheels with more than 30,000 bulbs.
Inspired by the commercial, we created actual Holiday Caravan trucks, and they continue to tour today. Though I’m not involved with the tour, my colleagues have
a site set up letting you see where the
And, if you’re in Atlanta, you can visit the Caravan, donate food for the hungry and receive a discount at at World of
The truck stopped at our Coke headquarters offices recently, giving us a chance to see the trucks and see Santa. I’d highly recommend a visit!
More on Journey
- Odwalla Celebrates Heritage with ‘Road to Our Roots’ VW Van Tour
- Stranger Things Have Happened: Inside New Coke’s Limited-Edition Comeback
- Sprite Empowers Young Voices With ‘Get Vocal’ Platform
- Coca-Cola and Disney Designed These Galactic Bottles for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
- Coca-Cola Christmas Truck Makes First-Ever Stop on the Arctic Circle to Meet Santa and His Reindeer