I recently received a facebook message from a collector who wanted to share his stories. I have pasted in his comments below. I would also like to mention that The
My name is Edward Wong Chee Mun and I am from Malaysia. I started Collection Coke sine 1999. At that time I worked in Singapore where one day I went to a friends house. When I entered the house I saw a big group of Coke Bottles in his room. Then he gave me my first bottle, an old USA bottle. From that Day I began collecting Coke.When I started to collect, I was asking my relatives and friends who were traveling to help me buy bottles. Then, after I have a computer, I used the internet to find friends and make trades.
The first year, I really was crazy to trade, every month, I spend a hundred dollars for trading. This slowly, I began to be choosier and select the Coke cans and bottles I wanted to collect.
Now, most of the items I collect are the can sets and the aluminum bottles and my room is full of my collection (also my cupboard is full.)
One thing I like about collecting Coke is to know a lot of the world collectors. I have also met a number of Coke collectors in China, Thailand, Belgium, and Singapore. When they come, I bring them to look and my collection and we drink and talk about Coke.
You can log in my collection site and have a look.
More on Journey
- Coca-Cola Tips Cap to Boston Red Sox World Series Win With Commemorative Can
- Sundblom’s ‘Coca-Cola Santa’ Gets Its Own Commemorative Stamp
- A Refreshing Reward: The Story Behind This History-making 1943 Photo Featuring Tuskegee Airman Charles B. Hall
- Coca-Cola and Disney Designed These Galactic Bottles for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
- Coke Bottles to Sport College and Pro Football Logos This Fall