We recently received photographs and a letter from a young collector that I wanted to share with you. James Love is only 17 years old, but he has already amassed a wonderful collection. I reached out to James with some questions and here are his answers.
What was your first item and how did you begin collecting?
As a young child, I sort of grew up with Coke. My aunt worked for The
What are your favorite items in your collection?
I think the most important ones would have to be the stuffed polar bear and those glass bottles that started it all. I don’t think that I would have a collection if it were not fore these items. Next, I think back to the summer of 2008 when I returned to Atlanta. My aunt set up a meeting for me with a vice president, Mary Riddle, who is also from Danville. I showed her pictures of my collection and she loved them. A couple weeks later she came by my house and gave me an Olympic pin and coin set. This was very special to me because it is very rare and it was given to me by someone of The
How do you get the items for your collection?
My collection has grown tremendously since that first bottle. However, I have purchased maybe 10 percent of my collection. 90 percent has been given to me as gifts. For 10 years I have received
More on Journey
- Specialty Sodas With a Local Twist: Coke Leans Into Handcrafted Heritage With New Flavors
- Coca-Cola Racing Family Celebrates 20 Years
- 12 Years Running: Panini’s FIFA World Cup™ Digital Sticker Album is More Popular Than Ever
- Markus Sebastiano Creates Artwork Commemorating Coca-Cola Northern New England’s 40th Anniversary
- 90 Years, 90 Athletes: Inside Coke’s Storied Partnership With the Olympic Games