This Mother's Day, treat mom with a sweet dessert that the kids can have fun making from start to finish.
- 5 Ounce package of dessert shells (6 count)
- 2 Cup mixed, fresh berries, such as blueberries, chopped strawberries and raspberries
- 2 Teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoon pure cane sugar
- WHIPPED CREAM
- 1 Cup whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoon confectioners sugar
- .5 Teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Total Time: 40 min
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Combine berries, sugar, and lemon juice in a mixing bowl and stir vigorously to macerate. Let sit for at least 30 minutes. Meanwhile, whip cream, sugar and vanilla in a chilled mixing bowl with an electric mixer or hand whisk until stiff peaks form. Then, place the dessert shells on a serving platter. Spoon berries and their juice into each shell. Some berries will be left over. Spoon or pipe with a piping bag whipped cream over the berries. There will be some whipped cream left over. Continue to layer berries and cream as you see fit. There is no wrong way to do this! Serve at the end of the meal with any leftover whipped cream.