To reduce CO2 emissions of "the drink in your hand" by 25 percent,
Collaborating to Curb Emissions
For many years,
Our Chief Sustainability Officer, Bea Perez, participated in the Sustainable Innovation Forum, a two-day business-focused event held during COP21, where she talked about the importance of water and agriculture in climate programs, and participated in a panel to discuss sustainable supply chain innovation and the circular economy.
Leading up to, during and following COP21, The
Our sustainability leadership was recognized in June 2014, when we received the Keystone Policy Center’s Environmental Leadership Award in recognition of our leadership in water, climate, packaging and agriculture. This was only the second time a corporation has won in the 20-year history of this award.
Moving Forward as the Evidence Mounts
Communities around the world are already confronting the effects of climate change, including drought, flooding, storms, wildfires and record high temperatures.
In 2016, we will continue developing the metrics and governance processes for measuring our progress toward our "drink in your hand" carbon goal, while working to reduce our carbon footprint.
More on Journey
- The Ongoing Fight Against HIV/AIDS: Reflecting on the Film 'Philadelphia' in its Namesake City
- The Many Lives of Plastic Packaging: Inside the Business of Bottle Recycling
- Grading Our Progress Toward a World Without Waste
- Opinion: Let’s Make Atlanta First U.S. City Without Packaging Waste
- Coca-Cola System Hosts Inaugural Disaster Relief Forum