Today’s universal symbol of friendship – the fist bump – serves as the visual centerpiece of the multidimensional campaign, transforming the signature Coke ribbon on packaging, billboards, in-store displays and promotional merchandise including t-shirts, phone cases, an ear bud splitter that lets consumers share music, and a device that enables mobile users to share their battery with a friend who’s running low.
#TrueFriendship will also include a TV spot and vines starring top soccer players like Javier “Chicharito” Hernández and Raúl Jimenez and One Direction, whose song “Clouds” soundtracks the campaign. In Mexico, the campaign will feature music by local pop group CD9.
Coca-Cola will work with MTV to feature several short documentaries of digital influencers who will share stories about meeting their closest friends, their crossroads moments and the outcomes of their life choices.
Fans can use the hashtag #VerdaderoAmigo or #TrueFriendship to celebrate true friends by mimicking the
“Since we identified the moments teens use to connect emotionally, this campaign is the digital tool we need to reach them, and we want to use it to celebrate them and show them that happiness is also a choice,” said José Luis Basauri, marketing director,
More on Journey
- AdeZ Unlocks the Power of Plants in Central and Eastern Europe
- 5 Summers of Share a Coke: How the Team Behind the Hit Campaign Keeps Things Fresh Year After Year
- Coke CEO James Quincey in Asia: Local Learnings for a Global Business
- 'Historias de Bar' Celebrates 65 Years in Spain
- Coca-Cola Co. USA Goes Even More Local, Focuses on Community Action in Next Wave of Company Communications Effort