- 4 Cup fresh basil leaves
- 6 Clove garlic
- 1 Cup freshly grated Parmesan
- .5 Cup pine nuts or walnuts
- 1 Cup high-quality olive oil (or a mixture of olive and vegetable oils)
- 1 Dash salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Combine the basil, garlic, Parmesan and nuts in a food processor or blender. Pulse to mix and then chop fine. Then, with the machine running, slowly add the olive oil through the feed tube. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let the pesto stand for five minutes before serving.
© 2018 THE