Pizza on the grill is one of life's great pleasures. It keeps your house from getting hot and stinky and it's a great way to bond with the family outdoors. Definitely leave the grill part to mom or dad, of course.
If you have a grill-safe pizza stone, make the pizza directly on the room-temperature stone, and then place the stone on high heat until the pizza is crispy. If you don't have a grill, no worries. Though the pizza won't be as crisp, you can still cook it in a hot oven.
- 1 crust
- 4 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 pesto recipe (follows, or store-bought tomato sauce)
- 2 Cup grated cheese of your choice (try aged and/or fresh mozzarella, asiago, grano padano, blue cheese, smoked gouda, among others)
- Additional toppings, if desired. Could include pepperoni, prosciutto, sliced red onions, olives, and more
- Total Time: 25 min
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Preheat oven or grill to highest setting. Get crust to room temperature. If using a frozen dough ball, make sure to thaw it overnight. Sprinkle semolina flour on pizza stone and stretch out dough to fit the stone. Slather on enough pesto to coat the crust (this and the following steps are great for kids). You might have some pesto left over, which can be saved for sandwich spreads — simply stir in some mayo and you have pesto mayonnaise for days. After the pesto, add the tomato slices, and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper, if desired. Then scatter the cheese over the top. Next, add the additional toppings, if any. Adults: Place pizza stone on the preheated grill and close the lid. Have a safe place to place the stone when the pizza is done close by, and high-temp-resistant oven mitts. Or, have a pizza peel ready to remove the pizza from the stone and transfer to a pizza pan. The pizza should only take 10 minutes to cook and could take as few as 5. Check for doneness by lifting the edge of the pizza with a metal spatula. A little black on the crust is fine. Very carefully remove stone and place it on the prepared surface and slice pizza with a pizza cutter.
More on Journey
- Meine Familie und ich: Welche Traditionen den Deutschen wichtig sind
- Download Video - SJR
- The Difference a Day (or Two) Can Make: The Ins and Outs of Coke’s Financial Reporting Calendar
Coca-Cola Argentina Launches Coca-Cola Life™, the First
Coca-ColaNaturally Sweetened with Stevia