2008 marks the 25th anniversary of caffeine free diet Coke. (Diet Coke came out in 1982.)
In April 1983, we introduced caffeine-free versions of diet Coke,
Since then, a number of celebrities have appeared in ads for caffeine free diet Coke, including Shari Belafonte, singer Whitney Houston, musical group Manhattan Transfer, comedian Martin Mull, singer Linda Ronstadt and even Superman.
And actress Demi Moore starred in a 1987 ad for caffeine free diet Coke called “Sophisticated Lady with Demi Moore” (which today sounds like a Saturday Night Live skit!).
More on Journey
- Sundblom’s ‘Coca-Cola Santa’ Gets Its Own Commemorative Stamp
- Meet the Coca-Cola Six Pack of Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 Athletes
- New Coke and Netflix Take Viewers Back to 1985 for Stranger Things Season 3 in First-of-its-Kind Partnership
- A Refreshing Reward: The Story Behind This History-making 1943 Photo Featuring Tuskegee Airman Charles B. Hall
- Coca-Cola Tips Cap to Boston Red Sox World Series Win With Commemorative Can