As we are entering the holidays, here is a recipe that will add to the festive atmosphere. It’s actually taken from a magazine ad for Sprite, from 1966.
The ad starts with this line: “Here’s a punch that comes in loud and clear.”
1 6-ounce package lime-flavored gelatin
2 cups hot water
½ to 1 cup bottled lime juice
2 12-ounce cans frozen concentrate for limeade
90 ounces of Sprite
1 teaspoon almond extract
Dissolve gelatin in hot water. Then stir in frozen concentrate for limeade. Add lime juice.
To serve, pour into bowl over 1 ½ quarts of cracked ice. Add Sprite.
Makes 48 4-ounce servings.
If you like a little more spirit, add a fifth of vodka.
If you serve this to your guests, let me know how they like it!
More on Journey
- New York Couple Celebrates Wedding With Coca-Cola Flair
- Markus Sebastiano Creates Artwork Commemorating Coca-Cola Northern New England’s 40th Anniversary
- Fresca Gets a Fresh New Look
- Coca-Cola Racing Family Celebrates 20 Years
- ‘A Coke For Everyone’: Brand Celebrates the ‘Wonder of Us’ in Inclusive Big Game Ad