Honest Sport will unveil a revamped recipe and packaging look next week at the Expo West natural products tradeshow in Anaheim, Calif.
The organic sports drink is made with Fair Trade Certified cane sugar, organic fruit juice and a blend of sea salt, potassium and water. Three 100-calorie varieties – Lemon, Orange and Berry – are available in 16.9 fl. oz. bottles. The brand debuted last June in a pilot test at Whole Foods locations in the Mid-Atlantic region and will soon expand nationwide with a focus on the natural foods channel.
Honest Sport delivers a balance of electrolytes and carbohydrates based on The American College of Sports Medicines guidelines for a sport drink. The brand is a natural expansion for Honest Tea, which produces the nation’s top-selling organic bottled iced tea as well as other organic beverages such as Honest Kids, a line of juice drinks, and Honest Fizz, a zero-calorie soda line.
“Just as the idea for Honest Tea was sparked during a run, the idea for Honest Sport came to life after I finished a triathlon,” explains Honest Tea co-founder and TeaEO Emeritus, Seth Goldman. “With the athlete’s needs in mind, we designed the beverage and its packaging to reflect the three key roles of a sports drink: refreshment, refueling and rehydration.”
The redesigned Honest Sport label better communicates the organic drink’s premium positioning with a cleaner look. Honest will promote the brand through sampling and grassroots marketing.
More on Journey
- Our Way Forward: How We're Keeping People at the Heart of Our Business
- Coke’s Way Forward: New Business Strategy to Focus on Choice, Convenience… and the Consumer
- Buy and Give the Gift of Play Thanks to Coca-Cola, Walmart and One World Play Project
- Pop-Up Soda Shoppe Made From Shipping Containers Serves Up ‘Coke-tails’ at Mall of Georgia
- Coca-Cola Adds First Line of Kombucha Through Acquisition of Australian-based Organic & Raw Trading Co.