Here is another
Growing up, my mother was very demanding. If I ever wanted a Coke (a sacred refreshment in my family), you would have to do something for her (like mow the lawn, do the dishes, etc). For a person who simply loved Coke like myself, that was a killer. Sometimes I would get so upset at her over this -- I just couldn't understand why she would make something I love so hard to get.
I remember promising myself when I was about 10 years old that when I grew up, I would have tons of Coke in my refrigerator at all times! (Now I'm 31 and everybody who knows me can tell you that I have an entire shelf in my refrigerator dedicated to just Coke!)
But when I think back -- whether what my mom did was intentional or not, I'll never know, but it taught me a huge lesson over the years -- if you want something bad enough, you have to work for it! And now I enjoy Coke whenever I want it because I am gainfully employed! Thank You Coke for making me a hard worker!
Do you have a
More on Journey
- Coke Bottles to Sport College and Pro Football Logos This Fall
- Sprite Empowers Young Voices With ‘Get Vocal’ Platform
- New Coke and Netflix Take Viewers Back to 1985 for Stranger Things Season 3 in First-of-its-Kind Partnership
- Coca-Cola Christmas Truck Makes First-Ever Stop on the Arctic Circle to Meet Santa and His Reindeer
- A Refreshing Reward: The Story Behind This History-making 1943 Photo Featuring Tuskegee Airman Charles B. Hall