The Northern Neck
Most fans of
So what does Barefoot Boy have to do with Montross? The answer is Ashby Carver. For the annual celebration of the May Spring Fair, a young Mr. Carver, the son of the bottler, Arthur E. Carver, Sr., was enlisted as a substitute model for the Barefoot Boy. As you can see from the photos, Ashby performed his role with a smile during the 3/4-mile parade route.
Even the dog looks happy. But I bet he still didn't get the sandwich!
Ted Ryan is director of heritage communications at The
More on Journey
- See How Coca-Cola and the Phillies Helped Pull Off a ‘Prom-posal’ to Remember
- Meet Mr K: Fred Kirkpatrick, 97, Celebrates 80 Years With Coca-Cola
- Stepping Up With STEP: Coke's Supplier Training & Empowerment Program Helps Women-Owned Suppliers Compete and Grow
- How is a Famous Normal Rockwell Illustration Connected to a Coca-Cola Bottler in Virginia?
- Cold Lyrics by Hot Rappers Here! Introducing the Summer Sprite™ Cold Lyrics Series™