A delicately flavored, crisp relish or salad to serve with sandwiches, hamburgers, meat loaf or barbeque chicken.
- 1 medium size head of cauliflower
- 1 green pepper
- .5 Cup very thinly sliced celery
- 6 Tablespoon wine vinegar or white vinegar
- .25 Cup sugar
- 1.5 Teaspoon salt
- Total Time: 20 min
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
Break off each floweret in cauliflower, wash and drain.
Wash and remove seeds from green pepper; cut into thin 2-inch strips.
In large bowl, combine cauliflower and green pepper.
Cover with boiling water; let stand 2 minutes; drain thoroughly.
In small pan, heat
Coca-Colawith remaining ingredients. Pour over vegetables. Toss lightly with a fork, and pack into a 1-quart glass jar. Push down lightly so liquid covers vegetables. Cover and chill overnight. This keeps in the refrigerator for several days. Makes about 1 quart.
More on Journey
- Multiple Coke Brands Bubble Up in Fast-Growing Sparkling Water Category
- Working to Help Train More Than 100,000 Sugarcane Farmers in India
Combat Cooking with USO Kandahar:
Coca-Colaand Chef Zane Holmquist Cook Up Taste of the Olympic Winter Games
- 'Gold Meets Golden' Menu: Dishes and Medals from Chef Cat Cora