I've heard "Let's meet at the soda fountain", or even "Let's meet in the cafeteria", but never "Let's meet at the Coke crate." While going through some files in our Advertising Collection, we came across this photo from 1953. The only information on the photo was a note that read "folks in large case 1953", so I was left to wonder what the story was behind this promotion. The people in the crate are acting as if they are just in the park or at a bus stop. If you look closely, you'll see that the crate is being held up by some normal-sized yellow crates on the gound.
More on Journey
- New Coke and Netflix Take Viewers Back to 1985 for Stranger Things Season 3 in First-of-its-Kind Partnership
- Small Decision, Big Impact: Creative Campaign Highlights all the Good That Comes From Drinking Honest Beverages
- Coca-Cola Collaborates with DIESEL for Capsule Collection Created from Recycled Materials
- Coca-Cola and Disney Designed These Galactic Bottles for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
- A Refreshing Reward: The Story Behind This History-making 1943 Photo Featuring Tuskegee Airman Charles B. Hall