Advertising posters for
Shown below is a poster produced in 1939 that measures 29”x50.” If it had been in better shape, it might bring upwards of $2000. Unfortunately, this one had some significant exposure to the elements. The owner would probably be fortunate to sell it for $50 in its current condition.
Still, this story is a reminder that there are still vintage materials out there in attics, basements, and as insulation between walls. This story also points out that condition is the primary driver of value. Items that score big valuations are items that are in good condition.
More on Journey
- A Handwritten Letter from a Chinese Coke Fan
- Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation President Mark Davis Reflects on 30 Years of Changing Lives
- Rhyme With Reason: Meet the Wieden+Kennedy Wordsmith Behind Coke’s Poetic Big Game Ad
- Artist Terrence Osborne Draws Mardi Gras Inspiration from Barq’s Root Beer and New Orleans
- Specialty Sodas With a Local Twist: Coke Leans Into Handcrafted Heritage With New Flavors