Mitarashi sauce is delicious brushed on Japanese dango dumplings.
Dango dumplings (see recipe) are often eaten during the harvest moon festival in Japan with a sweet and salty mitarishi sauce. Left plain, they're often piled on platters in pyramids and left on the family altar as an offering to the moon.
from a recipe by the Nagoya International Center.
- .25 Cup sugar
- .5 Cup water
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoon soy cause
- 1 Tablespoon mirin
- .5 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- Total Time: 25 min
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Dissolve cornstarch in water. Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan, whisk and simmer until thickened over medium heat. Brush over dumplings.
More on Journey
Denver Launches Recycling Education Campaign Through Grant from The
- Beyond the Mic: Sprite Spotlights Tomorrow’s Hip-Hop Tastemakers With ‘Thirst for Yours’ Campaign
- Costa Coffee Ready-to-Drink to Hit Stores in the UK This Month
- Global Women’s Leadership Council Chair Focused on Driving Impact and Awareness of Coca-Cola Women’s Empowerment Work
- Diet Coke Takes on Complex Topic of Labels By Taking Off its Own