Mitarashi sauce is delicious brushed on Japanese dango dumplings.
Dango dumplings (see recipe) are often eaten during the harvest moon festival in Japan with a sweet and salty mitarishi sauce. Left plain, they're often piled on platters in pyramids and left on the family altar as an offering to the moon.
from a recipe by the Nagoya International Center.
- .25 Cup sugar
- .5 Cup water
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoon soy cause
- 1 Tablespoon mirin
- .5 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- Total Time: 25 min
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Dissolve cornstarch in water. Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan, whisk and simmer until thickened over medium heat. Brush over dumplings.
More on Journey
- Progress Against A World Without Waste
Coca-ColaFoundation Pledges $2 Million to Atlanta Police Foundation to Support At-Promise Youth and Community Centers in Atlanta
- Coca-Cola Group Highlights Visible and Invisible Disabilities in the Workplace
- Christmas Comes Early in Great Britain With Launch of Coca-Cola Zero Sugar Cinnamon
- Coca-Cola Toasts 60 Years of Dreamland Bar-B-Que