Mitarashi sauce is delicious brushed on Japanese dango dumplings.
Dango dumplings (see recipe) are often eaten during the harvest moon festival in Japan with a sweet and salty mitarishi sauce. Left plain, they're often piled on platters in pyramids and left on the family altar as an offering to the moon.
from a recipe by the Nagoya International Center.
- .25 Cup sugar
- .5 Cup water
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoon soy cause
- 1 Tablespoon mirin
- .5 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- Total Time: 25 min
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Dissolve cornstarch in water. Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan, whisk and simmer until thickened over medium heat. Brush over dumplings.
More on Journey
Coca-ColaFreestyle Mixologists: Summer Contest Offers $10,000 Grand Prize for Top Custom Combination
Men as Allies:
Coca-ColaCFO John Murphy on How Male Employees Can Support the Company’s Gender Equality Agenda
- New Coke and Netflix Take Viewers Back to 1985 for Stranger Things Season 3 in First-of-its-Kind Partnership
- Muhtar Kent Presented With Ellis Island Medal of Honor
- Coke’s Venturing & Emerging Brands Convenes Food and Beverage Entrepreneurs to Tackle Industry Challenges