Mitarashi sauce is delicious brushed on Japanese dango dumplings.
Dango dumplings (see recipe) are often eaten during the harvest moon festival in Japan with a sweet and salty mitarishi sauce. Left plain, they're often piled on platters in pyramids and left on the family altar as an offering to the moon.
from a recipe by the Nagoya International Center.
- .25 Cup sugar
- .5 Cup water
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoon soy cause
- 1 Tablespoon mirin
- .5 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- Total Time: 25 min
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Dissolve cornstarch in water. Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan, whisk and simmer until thickened over medium heat. Brush over dumplings.
More on Journey
- Responsible Marketing
Coca-ColaReboots Social Networks With Stream of Feel-Good Content
- Coca-Cola Announces New Investments in Enhanced Recycling as Part of ‘World Without Waste’ Vision
- What I Learned During My Sustainability Internship With Coke's Kenya Office
- Curbing Marine Debris: Coke’s Bruce Karas Shares 'World Without Waste' Vision at Senate Hearing