Coca-Cola is adding a modern twist to a classic Christmas tale with “A Magic Thank You”, a short film directed by Oscar-nominated Theodore Melfi (“Hidden Figures”) and produced by Pereira & O’Dell in San Francisco.
In the story, a mall elf named Scott overstates his holiday enthusiasm while trying to impress a girl. The dilemma leads to a chance encounter with Santa and a rideshare driver who work together to save Christmas in a modern twist on a classic tale.
The film is part of Coke’s global holiday campaign, which focuses on recognizing and thanking the unsung heroes who make the season special through gestures big and small – from traveling to visit loved ones, to preparing meals, to delivering gifts.
Melfi, a self-proclaimed Christmas fanatic, embraced the formidable task of telling a story that reminds us to be thankful and charitable. “Getting the chance to work on this campaign was a joy and a chance to remind myself what makes Christmas so special: sharing kindness, love, and the spirit of good will with everyone we come in contact with,” he said of the film, which is running in cinemas and on digital and social media platforms in select markets around the world. “And Coke is the perfect way to express the feeling of Christmas.”
More on Journey
- Coca-Cola Cinnamon, Augmented Reality Polar Bears and More to Deliver Holiday Magic
- Odwalla's Latest Innovation? A Zero-Sugar, Keto-Friendly Smoothie
- First Coke-Branded Energy Drink to Launch in the U.S. in 2020
- Coca-Cola Collaborates with DIESEL for Capsule Collection Created from Recycled Materials
- Wellbeing, Amplified: smartbeats by smartwater Explores the Science of Sound