Today is National Donut Day. Celebrated on the first Friday of June, the day was created in 1938 by Salvation Army volunteers who first served coffee and donuts to soldiers on the front lines of World War I. Here is a 1954 advertising dangler from our collection that features a Coke and donuts.
More on Journey
- Coca-Cola Christmas Truck Makes First-Ever Stop on the Arctic Circle to Meet Santa and His Reindeer
- A Refreshing Reward: The Story Behind This History-making 1943 Photo Featuring Tuskegee Airman Charles B. Hall
- The Varsity at 90: Coke’s North Avenue Neighbor Marks a Milestone
- Home of the Braves: Dansby Swanson Reps the ATL With #AllThingsLoyal
- Odwalla Celebrates Heritage with ‘Road to Our Roots’ VW Van Tour