As we work to design more resource-efficient packaging, support community recycling systems and increase our use of renewable materials, we partner with a number of leading organizations. Collaborating with others on sustainable packaging initiatives increases the positive impact we aim to make, elevates our innovation, and brings greater awareness to the importance of sustainability work.
To accelerate adoption of our PlantBottleTM packaging and further expand its sustainability impact, we license the PlantBottle Technology™ trademark for other uses such as fibers, films, cups and other polyester applications.
We are also sharing innovation through strategic partnerships in our customer channels. In 2014, we partnered with SeaWorld® Parks & Entertainment to debut the first-ever refillable plastic souvenir cup made with PlantBottle Technology. The cup is now available in all SeaWorld and Busch Gardens parks, as well as other theme parks and zoos, across the United States.
The growing emergence of products made from renewable materials has raised questions about the impact on environmental and social sustainability of using harvested agricultural biomass. That’s why we continue to work with our longtime conservation partner, World Wildlife Fund, and the Bioplastic Feedstock Alliance to assess the plant materials we use for PlantBottle packaging.
And, as the circular economy emerges, The
Read More About Our Partnerships:
- Waste Not, Want It All: EKOCYCLE™ Shop-in-Shop at Harrods Adds Six New Designers to Its Exclusive Lifestyle Collection
- Making a Difference at America’s Most Visited National Park: Recycling partnership with the Trust for the National Mall and the National Park Service
- NASCAR Green: A Race Worth Leading: How we partner with NASCAR
- Talking Trash: Ocean Conservancy, Coca-Cola Help Keep the Coast Clear: International partnership to clean-up coastlines around the world
- Recycling Bins and a Partnership Help Improve Communities: How we partner with Keep America Beautiful
- Keep America Beautiful: Coke Helps Make Recycling Convenient Across College Campuses and Communities
More on Journey
- What I Learned During My Sustainability Internship With Coke's Kenya Office
- Coca-Cola CEO at Davos: Collection and Recycling Key to Driving Circular Plastics Economy
Coca-ColaFoundation to Fund Community Recycling Pilots in Seven U.S. Cities
- Grading Our Progress Toward a World Without Waste
Year in Review: Top
Coca-ColaJourney Headlines From 2018