Having friends over to watch the big game? Looking for a go-to crowd pleaser? Try this sweet and savory recipe submitted by Karen Brunetta of Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada.
Delicious served with rice.
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 1 Can Coca-Cola®
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 Clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoon soy sauce (a Japanese sauce) salt and pepper to taste
- 2.5 Pound chicken wings or ribs
- Total Time: 2 hr 15 min
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 2 hr
In a large casserole, combine the brown sugar,
Coca-Cola®, onions, garlic, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Stir until mixed. Place chicken wings or ribs in sauce mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 2 hours. To thicken sauce, mix in a cornstarch mixture.
More on Journey
- The Varsity at 90: Coke’s North Avenue Neighbor Marks a Milestone
- Americans Spill the Beans About What Makes Them Feel Good in Summertime McCafé Survey
- 'Gold Meets Golden' Menu: Dishes and Medals from Chef Cat Cora
Coca-Colaand Chef Zane Holmquist Cook Up Taste of the Olympic Winter Games
- Specialty Sodas With a Local Twist: Coke Leans Into Handcrafted Heritage With New Flavors