This recipe was submitted by Shanyn Silinski of the Smilin Coyote Ranch in Manitoba, Canada. Shanyn says "This is a favorite summertime treat for our family. Everyone gets every excited when they see the chickens cooking on the BBQ!"
- 2 medium roasting chickens, clean and washed
- 2 Can Coca-Cola® (drink about 1/3 out of each one so they aren't full)
- 4 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon pepper
- Total Time: 1 hr 15 min
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
Wash your chickens, pat dry and cover with a thin coating of olive oil, then add salt and pepper. Set aside.
Coca-Cola, take about 1/3 out of each can, place cans in "beer can" chicken rack or set on cookie sheet. Wrap cans in tinfoil, slide the chickens over the cans, using the drumsticks to balance them so they stand up. Cook on higher heat until skin is browned, turn heat down and roast until done. The Coca-Colasteams them from the inside, giving the meat a tender, sweet flavor – the olive oil keeps the skin from drying out and gives you a crispy contrast to the tender meat. Be VERY careful when removing from oven or BBQ as the Coca-Colais still in the cans and will be VERY hot, and the chickens will be less 'stable' and might tip over. Pull chickens off of cans. Place chicken on table with ice cold Coca-Colaproducts, coleslaw, biscuits or buns and enjoy!
More on Journey
- Americans Spill the Beans About What Makes Them Feel Good in Summertime McCafé Survey
- 'Gold Meets Golden' Menu: Dishes and Medals from Chef Cat Cora
- The Power of Food: Operation BBQ Relief Feeds Front-line Heroes in Times of Need
- The Varsity at 90: Coke’s North Avenue Neighbor Marks a Milestone
Watch: JetBlue and
Coca-ColaOpen Pop-Up Airport Restaurant to Connect Travelers Over Food