This moist and fruity quick bread is delicious as is, toasted or spread with cream cheese for sandwiches.
- 2 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- .5 Cup sugar
- 2.5 Teaspoon baking powder
- .5 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3 Tablespoon oil or melted shortening
- .5 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Cup coarsely cut cooked prunes*
- .5 Cup chopped walnuts
- Total Time: 1 hr 20 min
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
In large bowl, stir together flour, rolled oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
With fork, beat egg with oil and vanilla until well blended and stir into flour mixture.
Coca-Cola, very well-drained prunes and nuts and blend thoroughly with spoon. Turn into generously greased and lightly floured 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. If desired, garnish with prune halves. Bake at 350°F about 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on rack 20 minutes before removing bread from pan. Store in foil overnight before slicing.
*1/2 lb. dried prunes = 1 cup cut-up cooked prunes
More on Journey
Watch: JetBlue and
Coca-ColaOpen Pop-Up Airport Restaurant to Connect Travelers Over Food
- Georgia High School Students Cook Up a Brighter Future with Coca-Cola Culinary Internships
- Multiple Coke Brands Bubble Up in Fast-Growing Sparkling Water Category
- The Varsity at 90: Coke’s North Avenue Neighbor Marks a Milestone
- The Power of Food: Operation BBQ Relief Feeds Front-line Heroes in Times of Need