This recipe submitted by Ellen Neumann of Liberty, NY, is great with beef, pork and hamburgers.
- 2 medium white onion
- 1 Tablespoon Meat drippings (from a piece of meat you have fried or pan drippings from a roasted piece)
- Total Time: 8 min
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 3 min
Peel and slice 2 medium white onions.
Drop sliced onions in meat drippings cooked on high heat and stir slightly.
Add 1/8 cup of
Coca-Cola. Stir continually until the pan is deglazed and onions are opaque (about 2-3 minutes). Remove from pan and serve.
More on Journey
- 'Gold Meets Golden' Menu: Dishes and Medals from Chef Cat Cora
- Specialty Sodas With a Local Twist: Coke Leans Into Handcrafted Heritage With New Flavors
What to Drink When You’re Not Drinking:
Coca-ColaTesting Cocktail-Inspired Line of Nonalcoholic Beverages in Atlanta
- Food Courts for Foodies: Why Food Halls Are a Hit With Urban Dwellers
- Multiple Coke Brands Bubble Up in Fast-Growing Sparkling Water Category