Today is "Fat Tuesday", and I thought this February 21, 1931 ad featuring winter sports in Canada and Mardi Gras in New Orleans was quite ironic given the Winter Olympics in Vancouver currently taking place. This print ad boasts of the "skates and skis in the joyous thrill of winter sports" (albeit in Montreal and not Vancouver), and how "New Orleans, at Mardi Gras, scatters flowers and dances in the streets." Both cities, of course, observe the pause that refreshes. We also have the original painting by Frederic Mizen in the ad in our art collection.
More on Journey
- Fresca Gets a Fresh New Look
- Coca-Cola Toasts to 23 Years at 2018 ESSENCE Festival
- Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation President Mark Davis Reflects on 30 Years of Changing Lives
- The Varsity at 90: Coke’s North Avenue Neighbor Marks a Milestone
- Odwalla Celebrates Heritage with ‘Road to Our Roots’ VW Van Tour