The next feature in our 'Spotlight on The World of
Coca-Cola' series is Artist Gordon Chandler of Carrollton, Georgia. Chandler's works in the new Pop Culture Gallery exhibit at the World of Coke are entitled “3 Cokes”, “Carrollton Coke” and “Three Color Cokes”. Chandler uses many re-purposed materials in his art, including the Coke bottle. He started W&P Builders in 1976, a construction company that manufactured welded steel woodstoves, and began equipping the studio that he still occupies today. Much of his work is inspired by traditional Southern collectibles. Originally from Massachusetts, he also shares with us a memory of Coke as a kid, and something else that he learned was pretty popular with Coke in the South!
More on Journey
- 90 Years, 90 Athletes: Inside Coke’s Storied Partnership With the Olympic Games
- A Handwritten Letter from a Chinese Coke Fan
- Artist Terrence Osborne Draws Mardi Gras Inspiration from Barq’s Root Beer and New Orleans
- New York Couple Celebrates Wedding With Coca-Cola Flair
- Coca-Cola Racing Family Celebrates 20 Years